Plant protein powder for women: Why you should be taking it
While there’s no doubt that anyone can benefit from taking plant protein powder, there’s a group of us who make up around 50 per cent of the population that can benefit even more. So, let’s take a look at why plant protein powder is tremendously beneficial for women and see why you should be taking it.
8 reasons why women should take plant protein powder
- Firstly, let’s take a look at the general benefits of taking plant protein powder, whether you’re a woman or a man. There are too many benefits to include all of them but the main ones are:
- It may sound overly obvious, but quality plant protein powder is packed full of protein. It’s not a gimmick. The qualification is that it must be a quality product with a high protein percentage. Not all are so check the label before you buy.
- Plant protein powder helps to build lean muscle. It will also help rebuild and repair muscle tissue.
- It’s full of essential amino acids, high in fibre, rich in antioxidants and packed full of vitamins and nutrients.
- If you picture muscular, rippling bodies when you think of protein, forget it. Eating more protein in the form of plant protein powder will not make you bulk up. It will help you create lean muscle and make you look and feel healthy. It will also provide you with energy all day long.
- Of specific importance to women is the fact that many plant protein powders are a tremendous source of iron. While iron is an essential element for everyone, for women it’s particularly important to ensure we digest enough iron because we need around twice as much as men. Part of this is due to iron loss during menstruation.
- Maintaining weight or losing weight is pretty much a constant battle for many women and plant-based protein powder provides tremendous support in this area. Firstly, it’s low in fat and the fat it does contain is healthy fats that are essential in any diet. Secondly, the fibre in quality powders help you feel full for longer, helping with cravings. Many women use plant protein powder as a meal replacement option, which is particularly beneficial if you are trying to lose weight as part of a sensible weight loss plan.
- In general, women are more likely to have gastrointestinal issues, such as irritable bowel syndrome, than men. Plant protein powders can help, as they are less irritable than alternative protein powders. They also help reduce gut inflammation and increase gut health.
- If you’re pregnant or trying to get pregnant, plant-based protein powders are a terrific option, particularly for those that struggle to meet protein needs. Supplementing your diet by adding powders to smoothies, desserts, soups, casseroles and even ready-to-eat supermarket meals is a great way to boost your protein, amino acids, vitamins and minerals at a time when you particularly need it and you may be too tired to prepare meals.
- Most women love their hair, skin and nails and spend copious amounts of time trying to make them look better. Plant protein powders can help by boosting, for example, collagen and keratin. Collagen is a special protein that helps reduce wrinkles in our skin. Keratin is necessary for strong and smooth nails, and also helps with shiny, strong and healthy hair.
- Protein plays an important role in bone health, which is even more important for women than men. According to the National Osteoporosis Foundation, 80 per cent of people who contract osteoporosis are women. More worryingly, one in two women 50 and over will break a bone at some stage in their lives due to osteoporosis.
Pure Plant Protein – that’s what we do
As mentioned above, if you are looking to enjoy all the benefits of plant protein powders, you need to make sure you source a quality product. Otherwise you could be wasting your money on products that either don’t provide benefits or are so unpalatable that you won’t keep using them.
When you purchase plant protein powder from Pure Plant Protein, you can be assured that you are buying a quality product that also tastes great.
For example, our Lifestyle Range is produced using a mix of faba beans and peas. Per 100 grams of powder it has 76.9 grams of protein, 2.3 grams of fat and no sugar. Our Premium Range is entirely made from faba beans. Per 100 grams, it has 81 grams of protein, 7 grams of fat and 0.6 grams of sugar. Both contain nothing artificial and are available in three great flavours – chocolate, vanilla and coconut.
Shop online today for our range of plant protein powders for women and men. Your body will thank you!